Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Coffe and Cognac Experiment

Being a somewhat recent but ardent cognac aficionado i recently got the idea to add some to my coffee. I love my coffee, I mean who doesn’t? I would love to spend a lot of time and money brewing my coffee but being a poor student I rarely get the opportunity and I end up drinking instant coffee. I have recently tried the instant Cappuccino from NescafĂ©® which is surprisingly good, though not as authentic as a cappuccino in Rome. Nevertheless, I decided to use it.

The results were surprisingly good, 6 teaspoons of cappuccino powder adding boiling water and about 3 teaspoons of cognac. I used my VSOP Du Peyrat cognac and I got a pleasant smooth result. I repeated it once, this time with just a bit of honey, which enhanced the taste further.

I’m going to continue this practice varying the amount and brands of cognac as well as honey. I will also try it with espresso which I expect will taste wonderfully.

To anyone else that enjoy cognac and coffee I heartily recommend blending the two, I will continue doing it and will report the results.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always drink instant coffee, don't really have time for anything else. It's a good boost to get you going in the mornings. Nice post dude.

Gzoga said...

Cognac + Coffee is very tasty. That is already warming and energetic

Post a Comment